By Robert Paul Lamb,G. R. Thompson
- An exceedingly broad-ranging and obtainable Companion to the learn of yank fiction of the post-civil battle interval and the early 20th century Brings jointly 29 essays by means of most sensible students, each one of which offers a synthesis of the simplest examine and gives an unique perspective
- Divided into sections on ancient traditions and genres, contexts and issues, and significant authors
- Covers a mix of canonical and the non-canonical subject matters, authors, literatures, and important approaches
- Explores leading edge themes, reminiscent of ecological literature and ecocriticism, children’s literature, and the effect of Darwin on fiction
Read or Download A Companion to American Fiction 1865 - 1914 (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Seminar paper from the 12 months 2007 within the topic English - Literature, Works, grade: 1,3, college of Heidelberg (Anglistisches Seminar), path: playstation II Literaturwissenschaft - Shaws Frühe Dramen, language: English, summary: This essay shall target at portraying Shaw’s Fabian notion and morality in his early performs, i.
Alexander Pope was once the best poet of his age and the dominant impact on eighteenth-century British poetry. His huge oeuvre, written over a thirty-year interval, encompasses satires, odes and political verse and displays the sexual, ethical and cultural problems with the area round him, usually in superb traces and words that have develop into a part of our language at the present time.
Polished and refitted right into a new serious matrix, those essays by means of a special Faulkner editor and student by no means resemble the informal self-anthologizing usually encountered. Polk's stature as a critic meshes well along with his paintings as an editor; his patent pleasure on the very sight of Faulkner manuscripts is inspiriting, and his professed dedication to Freudian readings is borne frivolously (that is, expressed in brilliant, jargon-free discourse that's either witty and brilliant).
First released in 2005. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
- History and the Early English Novel: Matters of Fact from Bacon to Defoe (Cambridge Studies in Eighteenth-Century English Literature and Thought)
- Barcelona / Roda de Ter: Correspondència (BIBLIOTECA UNIVERSAL EMPURIES) (Catalan Edition)
- The Testimonies of Russian and American Postmodern Poetry: Reference, Trauma, and History
- Cartographic Strategies of Postmodernity: The Figure of the Map in Contemporary Theory and Fiction (Routledge Studies in Twentieth-Century Literature)
- Challenging the Bard: Dostoevsky and Pushkin, a Study of Literary Relationship (Publications of the Wisconsin Center for Pushkin Studies)
- Literature, Technology and Magical Thinking, 1880–1920 (Cambridge Studies in Nineteenth-Century Literature and Culture)
Extra info for A Companion to American Fiction 1865 - 1914 (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to American Fiction 1865 - 1914 (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Robert Paul Lamb,G. R. Thompson