By Youssef M. Choueiri
- A clean account of the multifaceted and multi-layered heritage of the center East
- Comprises 26 newly-commissioned essays by means of prime overseas scholars
- Primarily involved in the trendy and modern periods
- Covers non secular, social, cultural, monetary, political and armed forces history
- Treats the area as 4 differentiated political devices – Iran, Turkey, Israel and the Arab world
- Includes a piece on present concerns, reminiscent of oil, city progress, the position of ladies, and democratic human rights
Read Online or Download A Companion to the History of the Middle East (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) PDF
Best historical reference books
Wenige historische Ereignissen erregen bis heute so sehr das Interesse wie die Papstwahlen. Über die Gegenpäpste - den spannendsten und farbigsten Abschnitt dieser Geschichte - ist erstaunlicherweise bisher kaum geschrieben worden. Christiane Laudage liefert die erste populäre Darstellung einer an spannenden Begebenheiten und interessanten Persönlichkeiten reichen Geschichte
The A to Z of old Egyptian conflict covers the interval from the emergence of the Egyptian kingdom round 3000 BC to the Arab conquest within the mid-7th century advert. The e-book is split into 3 major sections. An introductory part incorporates a chronology of Egypt, with all recognized army activities, and an essay highlighting the issues of the surviving proof and its interpretation and the key alterations in army know-how and association over the interval concerned.
The North Atlantic Treaty association (NATO) is an army alliance demonstrated via the signing of the North Atlantic Treaty on April four, 1949. The treaty was once signed through Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxemburg, France, uk, usa, Canada, Portugal, Italy, Norway, Denmark and Iceland. at the present time there are a complete of 26 nations that belong to NATO.
Southeast Asia involves the nations of Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. traditionally, U. S. coverage and international relations with Southeast Asia is outlined through U. S. pursuits within the quarter, even if it really is holding loose lanes of verbal exchange during the South China Sea, having access to the assets and markets of Southeast Asia, or containing the unfold of Communism.
- Corunna 1809: Sir John Moore’s Fighting Retreat (Campaign)
- Pax Britannica in Indien: Legende und Wirklichkeit kolonialer Penetration (German Edition)
- Caribbean Slave Revolts and the British Abolitionist Movement (Antislavery, Abolition, and the Atlantic World)
- African Americans On Vintage Cabinet Cards
- Die Hansestadt Braunschweig: Darstellung Literatur und Quellen über die Rolle Braunschweigs als Hansestadt (German Edition)
- Charakterwäsche: Die Re-education der Deutschen und ihre bleibenden Auswirkungen (German Edition)
Extra resources for A Companion to the History of the Middle East (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History)
A Companion to the History of the Middle East (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) by Youssef M. Choueiri