By Marc Van De Mieroop
- An obtainable chronological narrative that pulls on a number old sources
- Offers an up to date survey of historical Egypt’s heritage from its origins to its domination by means of the Roman Empire
- Considers social and fiscal existence and the wealthy tradition of historic Egypt
- Places Egypt’s historical past inside its local context, detailing interactions with Asia and Africa
- Engages scholars with a number of views on a number serious concerns with the major Debate part integrated in each one chapter
- Makes the most recent discoveries and scholarship available to a large audience
Read or Download A History of Ancient Egypt (Blackwell History of the Ancient World) PDF
Similar ancient history books
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2009 im Fachbereich Geschichte - Weltgeschichte - Frühgeschichte, Antike, notice: 1,7, Christian-Albrechts-Universität Kiel (Seminar für klassische Altertumskunde), Veranstaltung: Endzeitvorstellungen in der Antike, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: In dieser Hausarbeit geht es um die Frage, welche Bedeutung das Ende der Welt im Denken religiöser Gruppen einnehmen kann.
I'm going to commit this e-book to my grandfather to put in writing many stories approximately his existence with ghosts and Jinn plus my impressions approximately many secrets and techniques and weird stories in the course of the Egyptian background. This e-book it’s simply journey between locations and other people during the heritage to shut your eyes and picture that perhaps sometime you will discover your self there in those areas and those characters with my soul.
The publication tells the tale of the way the British consular provider within the Aegean, within the years of the British protectorate of the Ionian Islands (1815-1864) grew to become an organisation for the retrieval, excavation and choice of antiquities ultimately destined for the British Museum. Exploring the historic, political and diplomatic conditions that allowed the consular carrier to advance from a chartered corporation right into a country run establishment lower than the path of the overseas workplace, it presents a different viewpoint at the intersection of nation coverage, inner most ambition, and the accumulating of antiquities.
The 1st English-language monograph on historical Macedonia in virtually thirty years, Carol J. King's booklet presents an in depth narrative account of the increase and fall of Macedonian strength within the Balkan Peninsula and the Aegean quarter in the course of the five-hundred-year interval of the Macedonian monarchy from the 7th to the second one century BCE.
- Public Land in the Roman Republic: A Social and Economic History of Ager Publicus in Italy, 396-89 BC (Oxford Studies in Roman Society & Law)
- Foreign Cults in Rome: Creating a Roman Empire
- Procopius and the Sixth Century
- Archaeology in Hertfordshire: Recent Research
- Kochen mit den Römern: Rezepte und Geschichten (German Edition)
- Themistokles und die Flottenpolitik zur Zeit der Perserkriege (German Edition)
Additional resources for A History of Ancient Egypt (Blackwell History of the Ancient World)
A History of Ancient Egypt (Blackwell History of the Ancient World) by Marc Van De Mieroop