By Peter Baskerville
Read Online or Download A Silent Revolution?: Gender and Wealth in English Canada, 1860-1930 PDF
Best gender studies books
In A Daughter of Isis, Nawal El Saadawi painted a superbly textured portrait of the youth that moulded her right into a novelist and fearless campaigner for freedom and the rights of ladies. jogging via fireplace takes up the tale of her outstanding lifestyles. recognized for her novels, brief tales and writings on girls, Saadawi is named the 1st Arab girl to have written approximately intercourse and its relation to economics and politics.
Peter Baskerville situates ladies of their fast gendered and familial environments in addition to inside broader felony, monetary, spatial, temporal, and historiographical contexts. He analyses women's probates, wills, land possession, holdings of genuine and chattel mortgages, funding in shares and bonds, and self employment, revealing that ladies managed wealth to an volume just like that of so much males and invested and controlled wealth in more and more comparable, and at times extra competitive, methods.
From theoretical research to sensible educating instruments, an critical consultant for educators looking to hyperlink feminist idea and activism to their educating. integrated are websites, movies, suggested texts, and extra direction outlines.
Donner à voir sous un jour nouveau les représentations de l. a. masculinité : tel est le projet de cet ouvrage. l. a. query du regard et des dispositifs de visibilité sert ici de fil rouge à l'étude de textes filmiques, télévisuels et littéraires où apparaissent des formes de masculinités en marge, qu'elles soient rendues « exotiques » ou qu'elles marquent un déplacement face au modèle hégémonique du masculin.
- Women in Twentieth-Century Europe (Gender and History)
- The Face That Launched a Thousand Lawsuits: The American Women Who Forged a Right to Privacy (Yale Law Library Series in Legal History and Reference)
- 'Essence of a Man: A study in male violence and the use of weapons'.
- Gender and Political Culture in Early Modern Europe, 1400?1800
- Gender Protest and Same-Sex Desire in Antebellum American Literature: Margaret Fuller, Edgar Allan Poe, Nathaniel Hawthorne, and Herman Melville
Extra info for A Silent Revolution?: Gender and Wealth in English Canada, 1860-1930
A Silent Revolution?: Gender and Wealth in English Canada, 1860-1930 by Peter Baskerville