By Doaa Abdel-Motaal
The thawing Antarctic continent deals residing house and marine and mineral assets that have been formerly inaccessible. This e-book discusses how revisiting the Antarctic Treaty approach and dividing up the continent preemptively may spare the area critical conflict.
• Argues that the Antarctic Treaty, which was once opened for signature in 1959, should be reconsidered considering strain maintains to construct for the career of the continent and the exploitation of its dwelling and non-living assets
• means that foreign clash over Antarctica is probably going within the coming many years, fairly as the ban on mineral assets is up for revision in 2048
• Argues that policymakers have to draw classes from the commercial festival the area is now witnessing within the thawing Arctic Ocean
Read Online or Download Antarctica: The Battle for the Seventh Continent PDF
Best freedom & security books
The anomaly of federalism is ready no matter if self-rule comprises or exacerbates ethnic divisions. A federal association which officially acknowledges ethno-linguistic range to assist deal with divisions may also pave the way in which for eventual disintegration. The case reports during this ebook conceal a large geographical foundation (Canada, Scotland, Spain, Belgium, Bosnia, Kosovo, Russia, India, and Iraq) and search to stipulate below what stipulations federalism can carry its promise of resolving ethnic clash.
The Committee on an evaluate of techniques and structures for U. S. Boost-Phase Missile security compared to different choices set forth to supply an evaluation of the feasibility, practicality, and affordability of U. S. boost-phase missile safety in comparison with that of the U. S. non-boost missile safeguard while countering short-, medium-, and intermediate-range ballistic missile threats from rogue states to deployed forces of the USA and its allies and protecting the territory of the us opposed to constrained ballistic missile assault.
On August 25, 1938, twenty-five-year-old Ben Dickson and his fifteen-year-old spouse Stella Mae robbed the Corn alternate financial institution in Elkton, South Dakota, making off with $2,187. sixty four. months later they hit a financial institution in close by Brookings for $17,593—after ready hours for the vault’s time-lock to open whereas the bank's supervisor went on processing loans for purchasers.
A new-historical, practical, social-political novel. A present, powerful connection with the refugee quandary, which moves the unescorted blameless refugee little ones. at the start of the fall of 2014, Leto, a instructor of Greek literature is assigned in a secondary college of Kos, as a freelance instructor.
- Poland: A New Power in Transatlantic Security
- Implications of Ultra-Low-Cost Access to Space (CSIS Reports)
- Researching Non-state Actors in International Security: Theory and Practice (Routledge Critical Security Studies)
- Thoughts From A High Plains Pundit
- World Power Forsaken: Political Culture, International Institutions and German Security Policy After Unification
- Australian Foreign and Defense Policy in the Wake of the 1999/2000 East Timor Intervention
Additional resources for Antarctica: The Battle for the Seventh Continent
Antarctica: The Battle for the Seventh Continent by Doaa Abdel-Motaal